Dunrovin Ranch is not your typical guest ranch. We place great emphasis on community, education, science, and the arts. We are a gathering place for people of all ages, all abilities, and all walks of life to celebrate, enjoy, and learn about the natural world, animals, and ourselves. We provide unique experiences that honor the animals in our care, embrace the natural wonders our mountains, forests, rivers, and wildlife, and celebrate the many outstanding cultural features of the communities and peoples of western Montana.
To Enrich People’s Lives Through Outdoor Experiences in Nature and with Animals
- To Help People Connect with Nature and Animals Through Outdoor Learning Experiences
- To Help People Learn About Themselves Through Learning About Nature and Animals
Our Guiding Principles:
Dunrovin Ranch strives to be a healthy, happy place for people and animals alike, a place where……
- Great value is placed on people, animals, education, friendship, and nature;
- Animals live under the best of conditions, receive the finest of care and the best training;
- Animals and humans can develop a true partnership based on mutual trust and confidence;
- People treat each other and animals with respect and support each other in their individuality;
- Every person and animal is challenged to reach beyond their limits and achieve their best;
- Safety is a shared responsibility of all who come to ride, work, play, or stay; and
- All feel at home – regardless of gender, religion, race, political views, sexual orientation,
nationality, ethnicity, or physical/mental capabilities.
Dunrovin Ranch focuses on providing all guests with safe, quality, enriching outdoor experiences that build strong connections between individuals, animals, and nature.
Dunrovin’s definition of a high quality outdoor experience is:
- Integrating education into every outing and inviting experts to share their knowledge
- Providing exciting yet safe opportunities to expand our horizons and meet new challenges
- Opening all our senses to the beauty and the mystery of the natural world
- Appreciating the history and cultural contributions of those who have gone before us
- Working with others –our companions, our animals, nature itself – to explore new territory
Dunrovin’s definition of high quality horseback riding is:
- Providing guests with instruction before they go out on the trail
- Providing guests with safety helmets, comfort kits, water bottles, and snacks
- Riding smooth-gaited, athletic, responsive Tennessee Walking Horses
- Riding in small groups so everyone gets individual attention
- Going the speed and distance that guests desire
- Having access to hundreds of miles of trails with varying degrees of difficulty
- Knowing the natural history of the country through which we ride
- Having experienced and professional guides with a passion for horses and Montana.
Dunrovin offers an intimate and comfortable atmosphere with clean, cozy, and convenient accommodations. We are homey – not luxurious!
Dunrovin emphasizes high quality, high value, and affordability in everything we do. We believe that professionalism doesn’t need to be high-class or high-priced.
Dunrovin knows our horses are sentient beings with individual emotional, physical, and mental needs. They are partners in work and play.
Dunrovin knows that horses offer us so much more than merely their back upon which to ride. We offer leadership and communications classes that utilize the horses’ unique ability to read the inner intentions and feelings of other animals. We invite licensed clinical therapists to use our animals in treating people with emotional and mental challenges.
Dunrovin experiences aren’t pre-packaged. We work with the individual to create experiences especially designed to fit the interests, skills and needs of each guest.
Dunrovin fosters friendship by hosting small groups of guests and celebrating the people from different places with different experiences and new ideas who come to our door.
Dunrovin is small enough and relaxed enough to be spontaneous and responsive. We are never too busy to spend time with our guests—just chatting and telling stories, floating down the river, or enjoying a board game.
Dunrovin builds community connections. We have a Discovery club for local riders. We offer community picnics, outdoor movies, concerts, wine tastings, dances, and other events that guests are encouraged to join. We partner with many local businesses and contribute to many local non- profit organizations.
Dunrovin is BIG on education and the arts. We incorporate art and science into most of our activities. We work with astronomers, biologists, geologists, historians, painters, writers, musicians, dancers, videographers, photographers, seamstresses, cooks, and crafts people from across the board.